Friday Five

1. Most of this week I've been checking Cybil's nominated books out from my library.

This YA of a teen that goes on a cruise with her family was unique as it deals with a current controversial subject: dying with dignity or as some called it euthanasia.

Pluses: LOVED the quirky voice of this story.  There's dark humor but also hope.  I really loved that.
But I admit, I'm still on the fence on whether or not to vote to have dying with dignity in our state but I haven't been in a situation that my quality of life has deteriorated to this point.  I love how the grandmother came up with the idea of having all of her family celebrate her life and the end too.  The emotions are real.

2. LOVED THIS ONE:

I was eagerly waiting for the release after reading a teaser that was in a magazine **Think it was either Teen Vogue or Glamour magazine.

The author NAILS the depression in this novel.  I love the insight readers get into a teen battling with bipolar disorder and the stigmas she continues to deal with every day.

3.

This is another book I've been dying to read.  The format is a little different and it took me a while to really get over that but once I did, I couldn't put this book down.  Six children go missing and eleven years later show up.  That is all of them except one.  What happened behind their disappearance is intriguing and a big reveal took me off guard.

4. 
First off, I'm so glad that we're finally getting protagonists that reflect the GLBT community.  This one is about Amanda who moves in with her family in a small Southern Town.  She just wants to be invisible and survive her senior year and move on.  Amanda has a secret that if revealed in this town could be fatal.

Love Amanda and totally could feel her emotions of first love, having friends, and being accepted.

5. 


This one sounds really intriguing with a 'what if' women were drafted into WWII.  Can't wait to read this one.  


**Guilty Pleasure:

Going to Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf and grabbing one of their yummy iced tea lattes and try to do some more plotting for my NaNowrimo.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

YA Scavenger Hunt: Meet Amalie Howard

Blogfest 2012

#Wipmadness Week 3-- Celebrate Rejections