Friday Five

1. Been deep in NaNoWrimo trenches.  So far I've written 18K on this new project.  It really helps to work on something new to get those creative juices flowing again.




 Checking out Sylvia Plath and wondering why I never read her works.

Some quotes:



2. Been reading too.  **Of course, right?

Finished this one:


YA Books Central review: http://www.yabookscentral.com/yafiction/18917-this-monstrous-thing

Teaser: Haunting retelling of Frankenstein with a dark, addictive twist.

3.  Just started reading this one:


This takes place in a small Louisianan town that's filled with Southern charm and hauntings.  Loving!

4. Can't wait to read:


I'm a huge fan of Hopkins.  I love the grittiness and raw emotion of her novels.


5. Ooh, got a first draft of the cover of my upcoming novel GODDESSES CAN WAIT and I'm really excited!  It blends the paranormal elements with a Parisian flare.  Can't wait to share!

**Guilty pleasure:

Well, doctor requested I do one of those sleep studies to rule out sleep apnea as part of the reason I have insomnia and worse.  This means I get to spend the night at the place and they get to put a bazillion wires on me to track my sleep patterns.  **I can see a YA novel in this.

Will grab a Coffee Bean drink afterwards.  Maybe one of their new Cookie Butter ones?


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

YA Scavenger Hunt: Meet Amalie Howard

Blogfest 2012

Week #1 Motivation