Friday Five

1. So it's official: I have a stupid cold.  Yuck.  Problem is there is a RWA Birthday Bash event tomorrow and I hope I'll be okay to attend.  There is a pj party thing too that is fun.

Send healthy vibes my way!


2. Taking a YARWA class on prepping for NaNowrimo next month.  So far we've been working on a paragraph of what story we'd like to work on.

I decided to write the edgier, YA contemp.

Here's my work in process paragraph:

Seventeen-year-old Angie Lucca knows all about secrets.  Her life revolves around one after another.  When her beloved older brother Adrian is killed, she finds solace in her poetry.  But that's not enough.  Her whole family life starts a painful descent as her father's violence escalates.  She finds she has no one to turn to until new boy Zac Smith shows some interest in her.  Not only is he beyond hot but he seems to get her.  But is this enough for her to open her heart to him and confront the painful truth of a family secret before it destroys her.

Who I see as my Angie:
















Zac:





















3. Finished revision!

Yay!



Plan to send over to fab critique buddy and then research on agents.  Yes, going to get back into agent search again.  Last time I did was in 2008.  Omg, that was seven years ago!  Time to start the madness again.  I mean, I'll never know unless I try, right?


4. Loving reading the Cybils nominations.  I've picked up a few of the selections but noticing there are more than are being forgotten.  Plan on writing my own list of books that I'd LOVE to see included on Cybils speculative fiction list.


5. Finished reading:


YA Books Central review: http://www.yabookscentral.com/yafiction/18818-it-s-a-wonderful-death

Teaser: Mean Girls meets IT'S A WONDERFUL LIFE, this is a snarky, hilarious ride through the Afterlife and Earth with a memorable heroine who needs to face her selfish past in order to finally move on.












**Guilty pleasure:

Well, going to doctor to get another referral for an endocrinologist after the TERRIBLE experience I had last week.  Physician assistant was rude and very dismissive of my thyroid concerns and even FORGOT to refill my meds.  I ended up reporting him to insurance company as I feel no one deserves to be treated the way I was.

I'm thinking that mostly I will probably rest so I can be okay for tomorrow's OCCRWA Birthday Bash event.  


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

YA Scavenger Hunt: Meet Amalie Howard

Blogfest 2012

Week #1 Motivation