Friday Five

1. Cybils'  nominations closed yesterday.  So guess what I'll be doing now until January 1st?



Yes, read some awesome nominated books!  This is me at this time of the year.  I swear being a part of the Cybils feels like Christmas has come early this year!



Here's the link to the nominated 2015 books:http://www.cybils.com/2015/09/2015-nominations-young-adult-speculative-fiction.html

2. Been outlining my NaNo project.  Here's a clue on what to expect.  Hint, it will be controversial but I feel the time is right to write this.









3. Finished reading this anthology in like two days.  How do you spell perfection?


YA Books Central review: http://www.yabookscentral.com/yafiction/18852-the-anatomy-of-curiosity

Teaser: Powerful, inspiring, and haunting, this anthology of shorts by The Merry Sisters of Fates is sure to resonate with readers and authors. A very satisfying follow-up to THE CURIOSITIES, these shorts won't disappoint.

4. 

Just starting this one.  It's about a kick-butt, Muslim American heroine, ready to take on crime in her hometown of Las Almas.  I've been wanting to read this one for a while now!


5. Totally addicted to the TV series EMPIRE:


Cookie has to be the best character around! 

Loved her reaction after being called 'grandma' by her ex:

Tell me a grandma that got an ass like this.” —Cookie  #Empire 

After visiting her ex in prison:




It's basically a diverse soap opera centered around the hip hop empire of Lucious and his three sons.  Great dialogue and just omg moments throughout.

Total guilty pleasure!

**Guilty pleasure:

Reading some nominated Cybils books.  I might grab a Starbucks Fall drink too.  We'll see.  I really need to start packing or getting real Fall clothing ready for trip to the Grand Canyon next week.  Can't wait to actually go somewhere where I can wear a swear and my boots.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

YA Scavenger Hunt: Meet Amalie Howard

Blogfest 2012

Week #1 Motivation