Friday Five

First I'm going to start off with some links to two of my small press publishers.

1. I'll be over here until April 17th.https://www.facebook.com/events/224006297795748/225148914348153/?notif_t=plan_mall_activity



I'll be sharing tidbits on my first novel EARRINGS OF IXTUMEA and maybe some of my other stories!

2. I was hosting here yesterday on my take on inspiration:

http://lachesispublishing.com/?p=3338

***And shameless self-promo plug: The ebook Crossed Out is on special for .99cents!

http://ereadernewstoday.com/more-ent-deals-for-4-10-14/6742784/

3. Yes, I admit it. I've never read John Green's YA novel FAULT IN OUR STARS. All my friends are shocked with this confession as they've read and LOVED. I have a thing on books with cancer. I don't usually like to read them. Maybe this is because of my own cancer scares and this protagonist is based on a girl who died of thyroid cancer. I had a very real scare with that back in 1989. My own younger sister has thyroid cancer. So does a friend of mine. But I'm willing to give it a shot especially since the movie adaptation is coming out in June!

**Image courtesy of inquistr.com

4. Finished reading this:


Love this series and this one takes place in Paris. There's some very lush images and the author 'admits' that Google Earth was her friend. It's also been my friend with researching for book two in my goddesses series.

5.Speaking of,

**Image courtesy of iStock

Next week I'm going to read through my first draft, take notes, and then roll back my sleeves and do revisions! Love how fellow YA Books Central editor and head Ninja Mandy does hers. Mine looks very similar:
**Image courtesy of Mandy Buehlren

**Guilty pleasure:

Hope to meet up with two friends and go out to lunch. Love to do this! It's always fun to hang with some friends minus family and just catch up on gossip.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

YA Scavenger Hunt: Meet Amalie Howard

Blogfest 2012

Week #1 Motivation