Friday Five

1. Finished reading TILT:

Loved it!

My YA Books Central review:


http://www.yabookscentral.com/yafiction/13092-tilt

"Ellen Hopkins is this generation's Judy Blume, with her ability to 'get' what teens go through without being preachy or talking down to them.














2. Also finished BREATHE:

My YA Books Central review:

http://www.yabookscentral.com/yafiction/12959-breathe-breathe-1

 The writing though kept me engaged with this fast paced futuristic tale. I also liked the relationship between Quinn and Bea which is kind of like a futuristic Romeo and Juliet story














3. Right now reading SON by Lois Lowry

I was so excited to grab a copy of this at ALA last summer!  **Thanks, Linda Singleton for pointing them out to me!

This is the final book in THE GIVER series.  Beautifully written, once again  I'm transported back to this dystopian world.  Loving it so much so far.
Scholastic October Tab book orders will have it offered too:

https://clubs2.scholastic.com/clubs/pdfs/core/2012/october/T_2_flyer.pdf








4.  Next week should get my copy of RAVEN BOYS to read!




5. Met with YA librarian Julie Fitch at the Rancho Santa Margarita, Ca library.  It's always fun to meet someone who loves YA and books as much as you do!

The teen blogsite is: http://www.rsmteenlibrary.blogspot.com/p/events.html

If your a YA author out here in South Orange county, Ca, Julie would love to hear from you!


**Guilty pleasure:

I'm getting my hair cut and colored.  That's always a treat!  Really loved the color but wonder if we can go a tad bit darker?

I'm still chicken to cut it shorter.


Comments

Unknown said…
I share your guilty pleasure.
I would have liked to read your reviews, but I don't have the time or energy to find the other sites... maybe next time.
Kim Baccellia said…
Maybe next week I'll post some teasers? I can also do that right now on at least TILT. Mandy, the YABC goddess, send me some teasers. Will post for you!

Popular posts from this blog

YA Scavenger Hunt: Meet Amalie Howard

Blogfest 2012

#Wipmadness Week 3-- Celebrate Rejections