Guest YA Author Tiffany Truitt



Today I'm excited to host YA author Tiffany Truitt.   

CHOSEN ONES is a compelling story of survival & forbidden love set in a dark future where genetically engineered beings are the salvation or fall of society.



  





First, I’d like to start off by saying how thrilled I am to be here at YA Central. This is such a rad site!



Today, I want to get real serious with all of my writers out there about a problem that will plague you at some point in the process. You can’t escape it. You can’t run. It will hunt you down. And when it finds you, it will leave you crying for someone, anyone to make it go away.
Yes, I am talking about WRITER’S BLOCK
Last week, I turned in the first draft of the sequel to Chosen Ones entitled The Naturals. Much to my dismay, I turned in the draft a bit behind schedule. Now, I could waste your time telling you a story about a vindictive spider, infection, and a crazy allergy to antibiotics (which would be a true story), but my real ailment was the dreaded Writer’s Block.
I just couldn’t write. Maybe it was due to major changes in my personal life or fears of failure, but every time I sat down to write, I spent most of the time staring at the cursor. I hated that cursor. I tried to combat the block by doing exactly what I wasn’t supposed to do: increasing the time I sat aside for writing.
What I should have been doing was the following:
1.       Listen to some kick butt tunes – put away the laptops and immerse yourself in some music. Let it take you where it will, and perhaps it will spur some new ideas. And if not, no biggie. The ideas will come. Rock on!
2.       Talk to someone you haven’t talked to in a long time – let’s be honest, the people in our lives, both good and bad, affect us in ways we aren’t even aware of. Pick up the phone and talk to one of those people. Perhaps by exploring your past, you can help shape your writing future.
3.       Go on a trip- It doesn’t have to be a big deal. It could even be a trip to the mall. Just get away from the computer. Seriously. Do it.
4.       Read a book— something utterly outside of your genre. Read for fun. Remind yourself how much you love the written word.
Just give yourself a break. Know you aren’t immune to the sickness. Don’t give up. You’re stronger than the block.
About Chosen Ones
The Lost Souls, book 1 available now from Entangled Publishing!
I pushed down a key. The hair on the back of my neck shot up, and my skin tingled.
I imagined this was what it felt like to fall in love.
In that moment, I was ready to fall.
Life is bleak but uncomplicated for Tess, living in a not-too-distant future where the government, faced with humanity’s extinction, created the Chosen Ones, artificial beings who are extraordinarily beautiful, unbelievably strong, and unabashedly deadly.
When Tess begins work at Templeton, a Chosen Ones training facility, she meets James, and the attraction is immediate in its intensity, overwhelming in its danger. But there is more to Templeton than Tess ever knew. Can she stand against her oppressors, even if it means giving up the only happiness in her life?


About Tiffany Truitt
Tiffany Truitt is an 8th grade English teacher in Suffolk, Virginia. When she’s not traveling the world, she enjoys reading, writing, and obsessing over coffee. Lost Souls: Chosen Ones is her first novel. Find out more about Tiffany Truitt at her Blog | Twitter | Facebook | Goodreads



Comments

cleemckenzie said…
Good luck with your book, Tiffany. It sounds very exciting.

Popular posts from this blog

YA Scavenger Hunt: Meet Amalie Howard

Blogfest 2012

#Wipmadness Week 3-- Celebrate Rejections